Competency Feedback Solutions
HUCAMA competency feedback tools collects assessments about the employee from all the parties concerned.
Powerful personal and leadership development
For everyone to be able to do their work well, it is essential that they understand their own actions and know what they are capable of. Added to that, it is helpful to understand which competencies are important for that work and how effectively they are performed. HUCAMA competency feedback reports show what people specifically demonstrate in their work, based on the competencies relevant for the job. This knowledge can help employees to make a better contribution to their own role.
Other people’s perspective
For employees to gain an insight into what they are capable of, it is useful to get them to assess their own competencies systematically. But that only gives one perspective. To get the most balanced picture, it is certainly just as important to include the assessment of the various parties in the vicinity, such as managers, colleagues, employees and customers. They often see more elements of the employee’s performance in different situations. Differences and similarities among the various perspectives offer valuable starting points for discussions about the use and development of competencies.
Combining different points of view
HUCAMA competency feedback tools provide employees and managers objective feedback. The online questionnaires collect the assessments about the employee from all relevant parties.
HUCAMA competency feedback tools can be used in situations where employees’ development, growth and performance are paramount. Here are just some of the possibilities:
- Development of competencies.
- Input for coaching and performance appraisal.
- Management Development programmes and career management.
- Measuring the effect of education and training.
- Management information as a result of the aggregation of assessment data for groups of employees as a whole.
A picture of competency at work
In the HUCAMA competency feedback tools performance is described in terms of competencies covering customer orientation, leadership, initiative, entrepreneurship and motivation. The competencies are expanded into descriptions of specific performance elements. In each case, effective performance is compared with ineffective performance.
HUCAMA has an extensive competency library with more than 40 competencies that can be readily deployed. Furthermore, we can include your own competency definitions and descriptions. Six to ten competencies essential for successfully fulfilling the job in question are usually covered.
The feedback report is divided into the following parts:
- Introduction: advice on how to use the report.
- General overview of results: the personal scores set against the average score of all respondents.
- Detailed account of the results: the personal scores set against those of the various groups of respondents separately (managers, colleagues, employees, customers).
- Detailed list of items: all the scores for each performance element for the competency in question.
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses: an account of the performance elements that are strongly developed and those that need to be improved for each competency.
- Development tips: concrete suggestions for improving the less strong competencies.
- Individual Development Plan: a model the person involved can use to translate his or her personal development into concrete actions and plans.